I'm reporting my ShareBuilder purchases for the week.
I bought:
$750 of KO
$500 of RDS.B
$250 of TEVA
I used $1500 in new capital and added $52.21/year to my dividend income. This is an average yield of 3.48%.
My forward 12-month dividends increased from $4361.33 to $4413.54.
Note: This is my first purchase of KO. Although Friday's price was a little better, I feel I still am buying a great company for a decent price.
KO is a great company. One of my first dividend growth stocks. I think that one will be there for the long haul.
ReplyDeleteHi My FIJ,
DeleteI tend to agree with you. I think KO will still be around and doing well in another 20 years. It's about as safe as they come.
Take Care!
Looks good. KO is one of my top 5 favorites and I added some shares a few months ago. I'm vaguely familiar with RDS and TEVA. I'll have to take a closer look one of these days.
ReplyDeleteHow do you like sharebuilder? Are you planning to use them for dividend stocks exclusively and keep options seperate?
Boy you're building passive income fast! Awesome!
Hey CI,
DeleteI already own CVX and COP, I wanted another oil major with international exposure so I picked up some Royal Dutch Shell at what I believe to be decent prices. I also feel that TEVA represents one of the best values in the market along with INTC.
I'm liking sharebuilder a lot. My expense ratio is under .2% now from between .5-1% with E*Trade. It also lets me make 12 purchases a month so I can dollar-cost-average much slower into positions.
Thanks, I want to double the value of my portfolio this year. It will be fun to watch the dividends rise each week and month! You are building yours nicely yourself.
Thanks for dropping by!
Some excellent stock recommendations.
ReplyDelete