One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
New Purchase - KO, RDS.B, TEVA, WFC, TD
I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week:
I bought:
$200 of KO
$200 of RDS.B
$200 of TEVA
$200 of WFC (new position)
$200 of TD (new position)
I used $1000 in new capital and added $35.99/year to my dividend income. This is an average yield of 3.6%.
My forward 12-month dividends increased from $4454.75 to $4490.74.
Note: This is my first purchase of WFC and TD. My portfolio weight of financials was a little lower than I liked so I decided on two new banks. I also wanted some Canadian exposure. My only current bank, BBVA, is more of a speculative play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AAI,
ReplyDeleteSolid purchases here!
Great minds think alike as I recently purchased shares in KO and WFC. I actually initiated a small position in TD today, along with BNS. The Canadian banks offer a much higher starting yield than some of the major U.S. banks, albeit with likely lower dividend growth in the near-term. I'm okay with that...mixing it up a bit.
Great job on those forward dividends. You're going to be hitting the $5k mark pretty soon. That's fantastic!
Best wishes.
Hey DM,
DeleteIndeed! We have purchased a few of the same companies. If I didn't already own BBVA giving me plenty of international banking exposure I may have picked up BNS also. I think I'll be happy with TD and WFC though. I plan to continue dolar-cost averaging on these to bring them to full positions. The reason I picked up WFC was the faster dividend growth that I expect.
Thanks, at this pace I should be at the $5k mark by the end of May.
Thanks for dropping by!