Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New Purchase - APD, CAT, TD

I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week:

I bought:

$750 of TD
$752 of APD
$750 of CAT

I used $2252 in new capital and added $73.02/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  3.24%.

My forward 12-month dividends increased to $4917.29.

Note: I plan to build up APD, CAT and TD to around 4k each as long as their prices don't go up a lot.  APD is a dividend champion and has had great dividend growth.  They recently raised their dividend by 11%.

2 comments:

  1. AAI,

    Nice buys! The Canadian banks have been weak lately, and that might provide an opportunity!

    Keep up the great work! Adding fresh capital in the face of a record-setting market shows resolve and conviction. I love it!

    Hope to join you soon.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DM,

      Thanks! Yeah I do like the Canadian banks and if I get TD and WFC to full positions I may look at adding another bank like BNS.

      I try not to pay attention to the ups and downs of the markets. It gets hard not to though as we keep setting record highs. It also makes it difficult to buy great companies at prices that don't seem too overvalued.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete