I'm reporting two more options trades from yesterday. I sold a CAT put and closed out an INTC put.
The first trade:
I Sold 1 CAT Nov 16 '13 $70 Put @ 2.65
This trade could turn out a few ways:
1) I hold shares until expiration and shares are trading above $70.00. I will get to keep the $265 in options premiums.
2) I hold shares until expiration and shares are trading below $70.00. I will get assigned 100 shares of CAT at a cost of $67.35/share. This is a discount of 16% to where the stock is currently trading. CAT is due for a dividend raise for their August payment. If they raise the dividend by the same amount as last year, .06, then this price corresponds to a yield of around 3.4% which I find very attractive.
3) Shares of CAT go on a run and I decide to buy back the put early for a profit less than $265.
The second trade:
I bought-to-close my INTC July 20 '13 $21 Put @ .75. I originally sold this put in November for 1.96. I profited $121 before fees in about 5 months. Considering the margin maintenance requirement on this put averaged around $350 , I made a nice profit.
I currently have 15 open options positions (2 with INTC and 2 with CAT now) and a total options profit of $1967 for 2013. My options page has been updated accordingly.
No comments:
Post a Comment