Tuesday, April 2, 2013

New Purchase - WFC, APD

I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week:

I bought:

$1000 of WFC
$1000 of APD

I used $2000 in new capital and added $60.30/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  3.0%.

My forward 12-month dividends increased to $4847.47.

Note: APD is a new position.  They are a dividend champion and have had great dividend growth.  They recently raised their dividend by 11%.

10 comments:

  1. Nice buys AAI and congrats on breaking the $4,800 mark! You have really been filling out your WFC allocation over the last month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks writing2reality. I've broken the $400/mo mark which is huge. I plan to bring WFC and TD up to about a 4k investment in the short-term.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. AAI,

    Wow! Congrats on getting over $4,800 in forward dividends. That's simply fantastic. You're growing this portfolio at a ridiculous pace. Phenomenal! Keep it up!

    I also purchased stock in one of the companies listed above. I'll be talking about that very soon!

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DM! I just hope I can keep this pace. So far it's working out well. You are kicking some butt yourself.

      I am assuming you added to your WFC holding. Either way, I think both companies are attractive at these prices.

      Take care!

      Delete
  3. Nice buy with APD. I first heard about this company many many months ago on Compounding Income's blog. Recently, I have been waiting for weakness in the stock price to add APD to my portfolio. My average dividend yield analysis shows fair price between $81 - $91.

    Any speeding tickets yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ADY,

      The stock came up on my latest monthly screening. I have looked at the company before but it's now at an attractive price especially with the rest of the market elevated. I'm glad your analysis is in line with mine.

      No tickets but It will be hard not to speed. The street by my house is about 3 miles long with lots of turn and hills but no stop signs and a 30 mph limit. It's great for driving on but very tempting to drive fast. So far so good though.

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. Looks like we bought APD on the same day! And congrats on those forward dividends. That's truly amazing. There's quite a few companies that are on my radar, but I need about a 5% pullback before I'd really start buying like crazy. I closed out one of my open puts today to try and free up some extra cash should the markets start to be more volatile with earnings season upon us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey PIP,

      That great, we both had a good idea. Thanks and I agree with you about us needing a pullback. I just can't add to KO at a p/e over 20.

      I also closed out one of my puts yesterday and will mention that soon. I'm essentially doing the same thing, freeing up some cash in case of a correction. We seem to be on the same page.

      I'll be watching for your updates.

      Cheers!

      Delete
  5. I like APD and have it on my watch list. It is a great dividend payer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Martin,

      I agree with you. They have a long history of paying and increasing dividends and have been averaging double-digit increases which is great.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete