I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week:
I bought:
$1000 of TD
$600 of WFC
$400 of CAT
I used $2000 in new capital and added $69.82/year to my dividend income. This is an average yield of 3.5%.
My forward 12-month dividends increased to $5085.84.
Nice purchases. I noticed you're now over the $5K mark for your forward 12-month dividend total. Excellent!
ReplyDeleteThanks DGM. Yeah I just recently passed the $5k mark which is a nice milestone. I'm really looking forward to the $6k mark which would be $500/mo.
DeleteI also look forward to seeing more of your trades once you get settled in your new job.
Thanks for stopping by!
AAI,
ReplyDeleteThat's so awesome that you're now over $5,000 in expected 12-month forward dividends. Truly amazing. I hope to be there in a year or so. :)
I like the purchases. I almost purchased CAT when it was at $80, but passed due to not wanting to dip too low in capital (in case we get a sudden drop). IBM was also interesting after the drop. But, the yield is just a tad low for me. We'll see. Maybe next month!
TD and the other big Canadian banks have been weak lately. Those yields are very attractive right now! The only thing that concerns me with them, as it did from the start, is a cooling Canadian housing market.
Best wishes!
Hey DM,
DeleteThanks! I think you will be there before you know it with your savings rate.
I almost bought a 2k chunk of CAT when it hit 80 but it shot back up a couple bucks the same day and I missed out on the good price. I like IBM but I'm with you on the yield being too low. I also like CSCO but my sizable INTC position is keeping me from buying any more technology companies at the moment.
I do like the Canadian banks and I would actually welcome some weakness so I can pick up more shares at cheaper prices. I'm not too worried about them dropping their dividends any time soon.
Take care!
Nice trades! I like all three stocks. I will be adding them into my portfolio too, one day. After I get rid of my debt.
ReplyDeleteHey Martin,
DeleteYou are smart for getting rid of your debt first. Once that is done you'll have a lot more cash to invest as you please.
Thanks for dropping by!