Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Options Trade - INTC


Today I am reporting an options trade from 04/08 with INTC.  I continue to be long INTC and am willing to build up to a 1000 share position by purchasing INTC at a cost under $20/share.

The Trade:

I Sold 1 INTC Oct 19 '13 $22 Put @ 2.28

This trade could turn out a few ways:

1) I hold shares until expiration and shares are trading above $22.00.  I will get to keep the $228 in options premiums.

2) I hold shares until expiration and shares are trading below $22.00.  I will get assigned 100 shares of INTC at a cost of $19.72/share.  This is a discount of 8% to where the stock is currently trading.  This price also corresponds to a yield of around 4.6%.

3) Shares of INTC go on a run and I decide to buy back the put early for a profit less than $228.

I currently have 14 open options positions (3 with INTC now) and a total options profit of $1846 for 2013.  My options page has been updated accordingly.

2 comments:

  1. You killed it on the timing for this one with the 3%+ move today. I'll be looking to sell another put on INTC once my open one expires later this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PIP. The timing was pure luck but I'll take it! I feel good about all of my options currently and don't mind getting assigned if that happens. I am fairly maxed out in my options account so I may not have many trades in the next couple of months.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete