This is the last monthly update of 2013! I hope everyone had a wonderful year and hit all of their goals. I'll also be posting a yearly review soon so look out for that. I can say that It's been a fantastic month and year at All About Interest!
Below is a summary of my activity for the month:
New Purchases - $11,505 (net):
$1000 of TGT
$1000 of PM
$1200 of MCD
$1000 of DE
$750 of BBL
$500 of WFC
$350 of RDS.B
$250 of V
100 shares of KMI ($3343)
100 shares of ESV ($5612)
Posts about new purchases can all be found by following the "Buys" label here.
Sells:
100 DOW @ $35/share (called away)
Options Trades:
December was another quiet month from an options standpoint. My only options transaction was the assignment of a DOW Call I sold previously which netted me $434. My total profit for the year is $4583.18. I've updated all of these trades on my Options tab.
Dividends:
I earned $1073.80 in dividends for the month. This is just slightly better than September due to the elimination of TWGP's dividend and me selling shares. My total year-to-date dividend income is now $5814.52. I've updated my dividend income on my Dividends tab.
Forward 12-month Dividends:
My expected forward 12-month dividend income has increased to $8724.62 from $8644.11, a very small increase. You can find my all of my monthly dividend information from the Dividends page.
Goals:
My last achievable goal was met this month. That goal was to have $5000 in dividend income for the year. I blew past that number and reached $5814! All of my goals can be found on the Goals tab.
Real Estate:
I mentioned having an offer on a commercial property for my business. Well I finally closed last Friday and am the new owner an office condo. It will still take another 3 months to build out the inside of the unit but I'll be sure and make time to post what's going on after I get caught up on end of the year posts.
My solar system is finally installed and was put on the grid right before the new year! I'm now producing cheap, clean energy and will be posting updates about this as well.
All of my real estate posts will be found on my real estate label.
Net Worth:
I started at 512K to begin December. I'm now at $596k, due to bonuses and my ownership percentage of the new office building. I beat my revised goal of $525k by the end of the year handily.
Looking Ahead:
My expected dividends for January are only $271 due to not having many payers. This is ok because last January I only earned $80.05! So I plan to more than triple that.
I'm working on full year update posts and setting new goals that I will post soon.
You are killing it with those investments, AAI.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on all the progress you have achieved over the year and best wishes for 2014.
regards
R2R
Hi Roadmap2Retire,
DeleteThanks buddy! I appreciate the support and wish you well in 2014 also.
Take care
Wow that's some serious money. I don't know if I'm more impressed with $1000+ in dividends or the $11k in purchases. Sheesh. Good luck in 2014
ReplyDeleteHey Captain Dividend,
DeleteThanks, I'm trying to make up for all those years I was just throwing away money. I'm fortunate that I'm able to combine a high earnings with medium expenses. Thanks and I plan to have a post of all my goals for 2014 soon.
Cheers
Your assets are incredible. 596.000 USD - Oh my god!!
ReplyDeleteI have been astonished if someone has more than $ 100,000 in shares.
But over half a million USD!
This is really great!
It's almost so much, that it seems impossible, to work out such a sum!
Best regards!
D-S
Hi D-S,
DeleteThanks! I had just 30k two years ago so it's been a great journey the last couple of years. I still have a long ways to go.
Thanks for stopping by!
AAI,
ReplyDeleteWow. A hell of a month right there, as usual. Congrats on another stellar month of dividends. I'm still a long way away from hitting $1k in one month.
Congratulations on all of your success, investment-wise and other. Sounds like life is going very, very well for you. Keep up the great work!
Best wishes.
Hey DM,
DeleteThanks! Well I'm certainly not averaging $1k/month yet but am able to hit it 4 times a year on my big payer months. You'll be at $1k before you know it with your incredible savings rate.
Thanks and I appreciate all the support. You've had a heck of a year yourself.
Take care!
What an amazing month for you! Its great that you managed to grab of $1k in dividends this month...
ReplyDeleteHi FerdiS,
DeleteThanks, I had a pretty solid month considering all I had going on. I plan on being able to average $1k/month by late next year if things go to plan. We'll see how that goes.
Thanks for dropping by!
Keep it up. You're killing it!!
ReplyDeleteThanks FFdividend,
DeleteThanks and good luck with ESV. Check out my latest post that has HP on the radar. They are similar types of companies. I do enjoy your FastGraphs posts. I haven't broken down and bought a subscription yet :( How do you like it?
Take care
AAI, its amazing having 11k in new purchases. And I like your options income too. Good job. It is quite motivating to work harder on my own portfolio.
ReplyDelete