One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Friday, January 31, 2014
Options Trade - Caterpillar (CAT)
Caterpillar beat earnings in the last quarter and the stock had a nice pop. I decided to take advantage and close out my put I had sold. With the pending debt ceiling and some weakness in the markets, I thought this was a good opportunity to close out.
The original trade:
10/24/13 Sold 1 CAT May 17 '14 $82.50 Put @ 5.03; posted here
Closing trade:
01/31/14 BTC 1 CAT May 17 '14 $82.50 Put @ 1.22
I earned $381 in options premiums from this trade in only 3 months.
I currently have 10 open options positions.
My options page has been updated accordingly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great move AAI. Options money is some of the best, provided you understand what you're doing. You clearly do. Bravo
ReplyDelete-Bryan
FW,
DeleteThanks, I figured it was a good time to take some money off the table with CAT and put it to use somewhere else. I made a big profit last year with a relatively small account so options are certainly going to stay as a compliment to my DG portfolio.
Thanks for stopping by!
Nice move on the CAT put. Looks like you're up to your old tricks. I STO 2 puts today one on PM and one on KO. Even if they're put to me the entry prices will be pretty good, but I expect I'll close these out early.
ReplyDeleteNice job, I'll check your page for those trades. I have three open already for KO and have been looking for the right entry on a PM put. That's the great thing about sticking to stocks we want to own anyways, either way things turn out could be good.
DeleteCheers