One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Friday, January 24, 2014
Sharebuilder Weekly Purchases
I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (01/21):
I Bought:
$1000 of PM
I used $1000 in new capital and added $44.96/year to my dividend income. This is an average yield of 4.5%.
My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $9197.48.
Note:
PM is below my cost basis, pays a 4.5% dividend and S&P Capital IQ has a projected 3-Yr EPS CAGR of 12%. Enough said. I also plan to add more Target next week if it stays below my cost basis.
Picture:
Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to. It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.
So this obviously isn't a place I've been to but I love the picture. This is my solar production since the beginning of the month. I've produced a total of 646 KWh and used 768 KWh. I've covered 84% of my usage with 100% renewable solar energy. The green is production and red is usage. I'll be sure and post a full month update but I was excited to see this today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just curious: why PM versus MO? Performance for both should mostly be in-line with one another and I believe MO has a slightly higher yield.
ReplyDeleteHi Noah,
DeletePM has a higher projected growth rate and international diversification that you don't get with MO. I still like both but PM better here.
Thanks for stopping by!
I must say im impressed by how you can add 1000$ each week :) I want to reach that point but that would be m whole salary, 4000$ a month.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck :)
Hi DividendChamp,
DeleteRegardless of your pay, I think it's important to cut expenses and save as much as possible to invest. These consistent investments will bring lots of future income via dividends. The more time you have on your side, the larger these dividends will grow. That's the beauty of compound interest.
Take care!
Both PM and TGT are also below my cost basis for each. I may add to PM or CVX in the near future. I do love PM, though I don't want to get too heavy on it and unbalance my portfolio. However, at this value it's difficult to resist.
ReplyDeleteHi Wallet,
DeleteThey are both near 52-week lows so that's not surprising. If they stay this low I'll just keep adding and go a little overweight unless I find a better opportunity. My total tobacco exposure is a little higher than I'd like with three different companies (PM, MO and LO). I also think CVX is attractive here.
Thanks for stopping by