Monday, January 20, 2014

Options expirations


I had two options expire worthless on 01/18/14, meaning I got to keep the full premiums. 

Both of these stocks are stocks that I already own.  I had no problem if the prices of the shares were lower and I had been assigned additional shares.  I believes additional shares at these prices would have been a nice discount. 

The original trades:

03/06/13 Sold 2 INTC Jan 18 '14 $22.00 Puts @ 2.23; posted here

06/23/13 Sold 3 BBVA Jan 18 '14 $8.00 Puts @ 0.90

This options expired worthless so I get to keep $446 in options premiums from Intel and $270 in options premiums for BBVA.  This marks my first options profit for 2014 bringing the total to $716.

I currently have 8 open options positions.  


My options page has been updated accordingly.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Options are a great way to get into, get out of, or just pick up some extra cash while you wait for your stocks to do what you expected them to do. Respectfully, Dennis McCain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dennis,

      I tend to agree with you. Especially if I'm selling puts on companies I want more of anyways. It's a win/win for me. I either get to buy the company at a cheaper price in the future or I'm paid to wait.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete