Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Purchases - Target (TGT), Philip Morris (PM)



I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (12/31):


I Bought:

$500 of TGT
$500 of PM


I used $1000 in new capital and added $34.55/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  3.5%.

My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $8724.62.

Note:

I made the exact same purchases two weeks in a row.  I still find prices of TGT attractive and don't mind going a little overweight if the market doesn't present any other opportunities.  PM is also around my cost basis so I may keep adding more if I can't find a better alternative.

ESV was my big purchase I had mentioned previously.  I bought 100 shares. 

Picture:

Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to.  It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.

This is a bus in Munich, Germany last fall that we took for a stadtrundfahrt (sightseeing tour).   


 Subscribe to receive all my updates

2 comments:

  1. Two good purchases!

    On my watchlist (153 companies), PM is on place 25 and TGT on place 27.
    I think that are very good purchases!

    Best regards!
    D-S

    ReplyDelete
  2. D-S,

    That's a large watchlist :) I obviously like both PM and TGT at these levels but would like to add to other positions that are underweight.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete