Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Weekly Sharebuilder Purchases



I'm reporting my automatic purchases for this week (01/14):


I Bought:

$750 of PM
$750 of CVX
$500 of TGT


I used $2000 in new capital and added $73.93/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  3.7%.

My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $9145.05.

Note:

I think all three of these stocks are currently a buy.  I've been adding shares of Target for a while.  I believe the credit card issue and the move into Canada are just short-term problems.  PM is also below my cost basis, pays a 4.5% dividend and S&P Capital IQ has a projected 3-Yr EPS CAGR of 12%.  That's tough to beat!

I have some strong purchases this month but believe this will taper off for a couple of months as I prepare for taxes.

Picture:

Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to.  It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.

I didn't have to go far for this picture.  This person lives in my area and if you don't know what that is, it's a hook 'em horns.  Apparently the guy had a tree that was dying and decided to hire a  chainsaw artist to carve out this awesome sculpture.


 Subscribe to receive all my updates

16 comments:

  1. I love the picture AAI! I was wondering if it wasn't your front yard :o) There has been a lot of buying in those three stocks in our community lately. I'm getting very tempted by Chevron currently. Have a great day
    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bryan,

      Thanks, I actually get to look at it at least two or three times a week as I pass by that street some days. My front yard? LOL , I would do it but my wife would kill me haha.

      I've noticed others buying these stocks as well. My portfolio is large enough that I don't need fresh ideas, just the best company to add more money to at the time. Yeah CVX is at a lower weight than my other energy holding so I figured I'd add a little more.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I agree all three are a buy right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're on the same page then. I think all 3 will provided nice growing streams of dividends for many many years.

      Delete
  3. I have only 10 shares of PM, like to add more into it. Will have to build up some capital for that.
    Dividend Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dividend Mom,

      I think PM represents a rare combination of higher current yield and high expected growth. I don't mind going a little overweight right now on this one.

      Take care

      Delete
  4. As a fellow Longhorn I love the picture too. I have noticed that XOM, BP, AND RDS have been outperforming CVX and COP recently. I already own shares of CVX and have been wanting to add more energy companies. What are your thought on CVX vs COP? (or vs the other three?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dividend Pipeline,

      It's nice to meet another fellow Longhorn! Congrats on your journey to FI, I took a peek at your blog and you have a nice list of dividend payers already. $10k in passive income is awesome , that's what I'm shooting for this year.

      The main reason I'm adding to CVX is what you mentioned, BP and RDS.B had a little bit of a run after I added to them last. CVX is also near their 52-week low. I'm also a little lower weight in CVX than the rest of my energy holdings so I'd like to bring that up a bit. I'd probably add to COP if it gets to $65/share. RDS.B is already as large as I'd like for now. Another thing to keep in mind is that with CVX you are investing in an integrated Oil & Gas company and with COP you are not (they spun off PSX already).

      Delete
  5. AAI,

    Nice buys. I think all three will serve you very well over the long haul. PM is attractive here, but I'm holding out a little because it's already about 6% of my portfolio. I'd like to lower that to 3.5% or maybe 4%.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DM,

      I agree and understand why you aren't adding to PM. I am feeling the same about some of my energy holdings now as they are getting quite large compared to the rest of my portfolio. My tobacco exposure is still larger than I'd like (around 8% I believe) so I need to start looking elsewhere.

      Take care!

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Great picture! I like you're buys -- I don't own PM yet, though. Need to look at that some time. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FerdiS,

      Thanks! I like the international exposure with PM. It's worth looking into for reasons I've mentioned.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for welcoming to the Yakezie Challenge. Maybe you'll hit $10,000 if dividend raises exceeds your expectations. I own PM also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charles,

      Good luck to you on the challenge. The Yakezie network has been a good source of information I've found. Raises will play a big part but the bulk of the extra dividends should come from new purchases I plan to make this year. I love the prospects that PM has. Thanks for stopping by.

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. At the moment, everybody buys TGT :-)
    Dividend Mantra has purchased also some pieces TGT...

    regards
    D-S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D-S,

      TGT has been very popular lately and I will keep averaging down if it keeps going lower. I think it's a solid long-term investment.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete