One man's journey to financial independence through dividend growth investing.
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Weekly Purchases
I'm reporting my Sharebuilder purchases for this week (01/28):
I Bought:
$400 of PM
$300 of DE
$150 of TGT
$100 of MCD
I used $950 in new capital and added $33.25/year to my dividend income. This is an average yield of 3.5%.
My forward 12-month dividend income increased to $9345.02.
Note:
I think all three of these stocks are currently a buy. I've been adding shares of Target for a while. I believe the credit card issue and the difficulty in Canada are just short-term problems. PM is also below my cost basis, pays a 4.5% dividend and S&P Capital IQ has a projected 3-Yr EPS CAGR of 12%. DE has moved back down to my cost basis and I like their future prospects. I plan to build them up to a full position. I also like MCD at these prices as well.
Picture:
Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I've been to. It's also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.
I was in Colorado over the weekend on a little vacation. This is a picture of Boulder from a mountain we were hiking on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm looking at TGT, PM and CVX all of which I already own. However, I'm conflicted as I would like to further diversify my portfolio. I don't see much other value, though.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm moving to Boulder this weekend in case you're ever back in the area.
DeleteHi Wallet,
DeleteI'm at the point of having nearly 40 companies so I don't have to do a lot of diversification. I can understand being frustrated about not finding many companies that are at fair value. I think TGT, PM and CVX are all three great companies for the long-term. I also don't mind going overweight in the short-term because my portfolio has a long ways to go and will even out eventually.
That's awesome you are moving to Boulder. We had a great time in Colorado. The scenery is amazing. We stayed in Denver but drove out to Boulder for a day. The city actually reminds me a little of Austin. I'll be sure and let you know if I go back.
Cheers!
Those are some nice purchases. I am looking to add some "wide moat" companies. What are your thoughts on PG, GE, CLX, XOM, and TRV?
ReplyDeleteDividend Pipeline,
DeleteThanks, those are some great names on your list. I dumped GE after they cut their dividend but they have really turned things around. I think they would be a solid holding going forward at the right price. I already own several other energy majors so I'm not looking at XOM but they are a great company. I'd be a buyer here if I wanted to diversify in energy further. I own CLX and am overdue to add to it. It's tough because it has run up 30% since I bought. I'm still waiting for a correction. I also need to add some more to GIS soon. PG is a great long-term company and I missed buying it last year when the prices were much lower. If I wanted a starter position now I'd by a partial position and just keep averaging into the company so you can catch any dips if they happen this year. As for TRV, I'm not touching insurance companies after what happened with TWGP. I'm more interested in Banks and Healthcare REIT's in the financial sector.
Thanks for stopping by!