Apparently this has been a know problem and I just tried searching my page unsuccessfully. I was able to type keywords in but the box returned nothing. I actually tried a few other fellow bloggers and theirs are also messed up.
Well there is a work around until Google decides to fix this that I found on the google forums. Check out the article or skip below to fix the issue.
First check yours to see if it works. If not go to your layout page and remove the current gadget. Next you need to add an Html/ Javascript gadget to your page. You need to paste the following into the gadget where YOURBLOG is obviously the site for your blog:
<form action="http://www.YOURBLOG.com/search" name="input" method="get">
<input value=" " name="q" size="20" type="text"/>
<input value="Go!" type="submit"/>
</form>
"Search this Blog" works wonderful - also from Germany ;-)
ReplyDeleteregards
D-S
Hi D-S,
DeleteI works now but didn't before. I'm glad it works all the way in Germany :)
Take care
Good to know, AAI. It worked when I first added it to my blog, but its stopped working since. Thanks for the pointer.
ReplyDeletecheers
You're welcome. Mine also worked initially but just noticed this.
DeleteThanks for the advice... my standard search is no longer working, but the HTML/Java gadget works beautifully!
ReplyDeleteYep, it's affecting a lot of people. I'm happy I could help.
DeleteI noticed my Google search hadn't worked in weeks. Before I tried using your Html code, I tried removing the search and then reloading it from the widget options. It's back!
ReplyDeleteThanks alot just great !!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much . this works
ReplyDeleteHi, thanks it was useful - stock search box still does not work... :(
ReplyDelete